Sunday 5 June 2011

Post Box with Big Shot

Hi there, how's your Sunday so far? Shame that the weather has held out for the weekend, but it isn't too unpleasant.

I have completed my biggest project to date. I was asked to make a post box for the forthcoming wedding of a really lovely customer. The theme was gold, cream and butterflies.



Now I have never made a post box before and was wondering what to use as a base, when inspiration came in the shape of an SU delivery. The box the items came in was the perfect shape and size!!



The box was covered using cream A2 sheets from a local supplier. Once I had the base sorted I set to making butterflies - lovely as they were just punched out, I ran them through the Big Shot and hey presto they had more depth and the gold card seemed to shine brighter. The vine was made using a corner flourish I bought absolutely ages ago, but could never get it to work in the previous die machine I had.

Claire saw the daisies (or are they Gerberias?) that I made with the Big Shot and we decided to use them too.



The tricky bit came when trying to figure out to fasten it all up, but with access for the cards without destroying it. I did use velcro adhesive fastners, but was worried it wasn't secure enough, so opted to get out the crop-a-dile and use a little bit of ribbon to tie it all together.


Fingers crossed that the weather is much improved for Claire's wedding next Saturday.

Thanks for stopping by

Love
Becki
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment