Sunday 12 June 2011

Silhouette Sentiments & Brayer

What a miserable afternoon it is, but the gardens are well in need of a good downpour. Very pleased to report that the rain held off for Leanne and Christopher's birthday BBQ yesterday.

I mentioned the other day that Jean was making the cakes, well here they are with their respective recipients! Leanne was sooo excited when she saw hers. She made Jean's day as I know it kept her awake thinking of the design. What do you do for an inbetweener who has specific favourite colours? Then you do a very girly cake, with an Ipod.

Leanne will be 10 tomorrow! A decade has disappeared so fast!


Chris was easy - he plays the guitar, so a guitar cake it is. Chris was 18 on Thursday! 18!! now those years have really flown by.



Two fabulous cakes for two fabulous children (or one child and one young adult)!!

I have been out to a craft show today. I wasn't going to, but I did and spent more money than I intended. Now I have only been crafting for a short time, so am a little bit late picking up on techniques, but I have discovered braying and I can not stop!!!


Even went a little mad and did the inside!



Card stock: Perfect Plum, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: Melon Mambo and Perfect Plum
Stamp Set: Silhouette Sentiments

My neice popped round this afternoon and declared that the brayer would be perfect for layering up a tan!! Hhhmmm don't think I will be trying that one.

Hope you have enjoyed my first venture with this technique - there will be loads more to come.

Thanks for stopping by

Becki
xx

3 comments:

  1. I love brayering and have done a lot - yours is perfect. LOVE your card with the silhouettes and the colours are gorgeous - Jacqueline xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, the colours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Becki. Hope Leanne has a good day tomorrow and that she liked
    her things from Isabel
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete