Saturday 13 November 2010

Artistic Christmas

Afternoon everyone, how are you?

I have had a couple of hours out shopping this afternoon with my sister and Leanne. My sister is an avid cross stitcher and needed a few new threads. I haven't picked up my cross stitch in years and it is shame as I have a beautiful one on the go. I might get round to finish it one day. Anyway we had a trip out to Hobbycraft at Meadowhall and bumped into Caroline and Sylvia - hi ladies :-)

After Hobbycraft we popped into Toys R Us. Of course Leanne has now added the entire store onto her Xmas list! I have finally bought my first Christmas present - I really must make a good start otherwise it will be Xmas Eve before I know it.

I have rambled on enough, so on to today's card. I have been on YouTube again!! I have seen Fish from the Ornament Punch and a Vase from the same punch courtesy of the lovely Julie, now I have seen Strawberries using the Delightful Decorations set and the Ornament punch.

But what really caught my eye today is the following card. I believe the lady is Stamp with Tammi who demonstrated this one. I have adapted it a little, but the principles are the same.


I have decorated inisde the card too - I know Vicky will appreciate this :-)




Card Stock: Night of Navy, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
(plus a brushed gold and brushed silver from my stash)

Ink: Versamark and my own silver ink pad
Stamp Set: Artistic Etchings and Delightful Decorations

The bauble itself can be punched out with 1 3/4" circle punch, I didn't have this so used the next best thing the old cuttlebug. The embossing powders are again from my own stash.

I am constantly amazed by the creative talent out there. Who would have ever thought of this stamp set being used for Xmas? Or an ornament punch for a fish??

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

Becki
xx







2 comments:

  1. Fab card Becki - you know I'm a fan of doing something different !!
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it when stamps that you expect to do one thing do something quite different! Love your sparkly Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete