Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy New Year.....

....to everyone. Here's to a happy and healthy 2011.

I have to say a couple of thank yous to start with. Firstly, thank you for all my birthday cards and Christmas cards, they did come through eventually after all the recent snow - they are gorgeous. Secondly, thanks go to my lovely ladies who come to my classes and to those that support my new venture. Finally, I have to say thanks to you dear readers for taking the time to stop by and leave me lovely, supportive comments.

Sale-A-Bration is just a fantastic time for stampers as it means Free stamps sets for every purchase over £45. My SU Mum Jules will remember this time last year when I attended my very first SU Workshop at Elaine's house and got my hands on a free stamp set. The rest, as they say, is history :-)

Here are the stamp sets, if you haven't already viewed them by the link:-

Punch Bunch - can't wait to get going with this little owl and there will be a punch coming out later in the year to go with him
Bliss - so elegant, I love this set
Not sure why this pic has come out so small! Sweet Summer

Last, but by no means least, So Happy for You

Today's card is a design (with a little adaption of colour) by Jenny over at Stamping Moments. Pop over and see Jenny's fantastic creations.



The reason for the lack of my own creativity is that Granddad sadly passed away last week. My inspiration will be to live life to the full, just like Granddad did in his 89 years. This picture was taken a couple of years ago when he became Great Great Granddad, creating 5 generations in our family.


Whenever Granddad parted company he never ever said goodbye, simply "have a nice day". On that note, I hope you do too.

Love Becki
xx




2 comments:

  1. Hi Becki , so sorry to hear your sad news but I am sure he has
    left you with many wonderful memories and they will stay with you
    forever.
    Take care

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Julie, he will be sadly missed, but certainly left us with lots of entertaining memories xx

    ReplyDelete