Friday 17 September 2010

Gone Fishing....

Not me that is.... I don't think I could stomach putting the grub on the end of the line!!

You might recall that I challenged myself earlier on my blog to do more male cards. Well I haven't done so well - don't believe me?? Check out how many male themed cards there are on my blog!!

Luckily for me, a wonderful lady at work has shown some cards I have done to a friend, who in turn has requested some. Guess what?? They are all male themed. So I think I just might achieve the challenge I set myself. Unlike other challenges I set - like Becki lose weight (ha I just put more on) Becki be more organised (I create more of a mess) and so on and so on :-)

I was given Fishing as a theme for this first card. Hmmmmm no fishing stamps in my stash, so I went looking through my folder to see what I had. I found a sheet of stickers collecting dust - I'm not so keen on stickers. Then 12x12 double sided sheet of paper (although it does have a good gsm it feels like a card).

And here is what I came up with. Now for me I am quite chuffed (as they say up north) about how this has come out. (the photos have come out a little dark)



Simple mat and layering to start with. Nesties for the label dies, using different card and the reverse of the paper. I even attempted for the very first time a bit of distressing (using a clean make up sponge). Used a word programme on my laptop for the sentiments - check me out even printing on the fishing paper!! The sticker was mounted onto card stock to give it a bit more depth



I didn't want to use a stark white card for the interior, so again used the reverse of the paper.



Finally - I love this bit - I simply stuck this sticker on the back.



I never ever thought I would be excited about fishing but today I am :-D

I hope you like my fishy card as much as I do.

Thanks for stopping by.

Becki
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment